Department of Mechanical Engineering, L. D. College of Engineering has organized CTE Approved, GUJCOST Sponsored and ISHRAE Suppoerted one week STTP on “Advances of Refrigeration and Air-conditioning” during 8/10/2018 to 12/10/2018 at V. J. Jani seminar hall, Mechanical workshop at L D College of Engineering, Ahmedabad.
A two week short term training programme on “Innovation and Advancement in Conventional Industrial Welding Practices” was held at Centre of Excellence – Welding, L D College of Engineering during 28th May to 8th June 2018. 27 participants all faculty members from Government engineering colleges and government polytechnics, participated in the STTP. All of the participants were from Mechanical Engineering field from different institutions across Gujarat.
1. A visit to Sardar Sarovar Dam for 6th semester students was organized on 7th Feb 2018
2. A visit to Mother Dairy, Bhat Gandhinagar was organised for 6th semester students
3. A visit to Indo-German tool room , Vatva GIDC was organised for semester 4th students, during 22nd and 23rd march 2018
4. A visit to National Foundary exhibition fest 2018 was arranged for students at GMDC ground
5. A visit to GIFT City Gandhinagar was organised for semester 6th and cryogenic engineering students
1. " Low temperature refrigeration ", by Mr. Manoj Kumar Gupta of IPR , Ahmedabad on 10th Jan,2018
2. " Refrigeration cold chain " by Mr. Dilip Sharda of Synergy Agro-tech, on 11th Jan, 2018
3." Clean room " by Mr. Vijay Panchal of Vision Air-tech on 18th Jan, 2018
4. " District cooling system " by Shri Gaurang Patel working with GIFT city project.
5."Cooling Load Estimation" by Mr. Sunil Bhatia Air conditioning consultant.
CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE (CoE) – WELDING
(Keepsake Welding Research & Skill Development Centre)
Keepsake Welding Research & Skill development Centre of Excellence has been established at L. D. College of Engineering Ahmedabad as per an MoU among,
1. Centre for Entrepreneurship Development (CED),
2. Gujarat Technological University
3. Keepsake Engg. Pvt Ltd, Ahmedabad, and
4. L D College of Engineering, Ahmedabad.
Facilities at CoE- Welding
* The Centre is equipped with sophisticated welding machines utilized by modern industry for quality production.
* The MIG welding machines are from LORCH Germany;
* TIG machines are from LORCH Germany;
* 8 Axis Robots from KUKA Germany;
* HVOF Coating Facility
* PAW (Wire & Powder) machine
The summary of the training programs organised at CoE welding is given in the provided image.
1 Overview of Welding Technology and Non- Destructive Testing from 13/11/2017 to 18/11/2017
2 Fundamentals of Electricity in welding & Automation from 06/12/2017 to 31/12/2017
3 Basics of welding from 01/01/2018 to 06/01/2018
4 Hands on training on Conventional & Advanced Welding Processes from 05/02/2018 to 17/02/2018
5 Fundamentals of welding technology from 19/02/2018 to 24/02/2018
6 Fundamentals of welding technology from 22/03/2018 to 27/03/2018
7 Fundamentals of welding technology from 02/04/2018 to 07/04/2018
8 Robot Programming from 02/04/2018 to 15/04/2018
TOTAL Beneficiaries (students 128, faculty 04, industry persons 10) 142
A two week Short Term Training Programme on "Innovation and Advancement in conventional industrial welding practices" is to be organized by Mechanical Engineering Department of L D College of Engineering during 25/5/2018 to 8/6/2018.
Please refer the attached brochure for more details.
Duration :: Dec 26, 2017 to Jan 5, 2018
Venue :: R J Jani Hall, Mechanical Department, L D College of Engineering
In Association with SAE India and approved by DTE, AICTE and ISTE.
ISTE and CTE APPROVED
One week Short Term Training Program On
“Design Essentials and Analysis of Automotive
(From 07/11/2016 to 11/11/2016)
Mechanical and Automobile Engineering Departments
L. D. College of Engineering, Ahmedabad
Duration :: 24/10/2016 to 28/10/2016
Venue :: Centre of Excellence ( COE Siemens) at Mechanical Dept., L D College of Engineering.
Mechanical Engineering Department at L.D. college of Engineering, Ahmedabad organized one week
short term training programme on “DESIGN, ANALYSIS AND SIMULATION” for the faculty members of
engineering colleges. 16 faculty members from different engineering colleges participated in the STTP.
During the training faculty members were introduced to NX interface. In subsequent sessions different
capabilities like Sketching, Practice Session on Sketching, Part Modeling and Assemblies of the NX
software for design of components were explained. Also for analysis and simulation of the systems,
basics of NX CAE, Workflow for Structural Analysis, 2D & 3D Meshing, Applying boundary Conditions,
Solving & Post Processing and Motion Simulation were covered in different sessions. All the sessions
were followed by hands on training for design, analysis and simulation.