Vision of the Department:
To mould the students into Professionals abreast with latest Skills and Innovative Research Orientation, to enhance the Knowledge of Faculty Members and Academic Infrastructure to Excellence, and to Serve the Society with Novel Technology.
Mission of the Department:
1. To combine quality education with career focussed learning and the application of knowledge.
2. To provide ambience of research and innovation.
3. To provide the best resources along with expertise of faculty.
4. To inculcate professional ethics and instill the sense of responsibility towards the society.
5. To create opportunities for industry-academia collaboration in order to explore the new avenues in the field of civil engineering.
The department of Applied Mechanics, a vital offshoot of Civil Engineering program at L.D.C.E. Applied Mechanics can be defined as the practical application of the behavior of physical bodies when subjected to forces or displacements and the subsequent effect of the bodies on their environment. Pretty much all engineering disciplines directly or indirectly rely on applied mechanics.
Applied Mechanics engineers have quite a wide horizon as far as job opportunities are concerned. They may land up with core civil jobs or if they go for further studies, can get into specialized applied mechanics jobs. All in all there lies an entrée of opportunities in this field of engineering ranging from basic civil jobs to advanced and multifaceted jobs.