Plastic Technology Department in L.D.C.E is offering high quality U.G program in the field of Plastic Engineering. It is one of the youngest engineering branch. It has high demand as plastics is used in almost all applications of sectors such as commodity, packaging, medical, automotive, electronic & electrical, marine, aerospace & agricultural applications. This branch covers the processing, designing and development up to the manufacturing of plastics products.
A plastics engineer is the one who handles the design and development of all materials, molds, and other goods made with plastics.
The Vision of the department :
To provide World Class Education in the area of Plastic Technology covering the latest technological developments worldwide and producing quality Plastic Technologists who will prove to be an asset to the Country.
The Mission of the department:
To nurture ethically grounded man power in the field of plastics, which can satisfy the demands of the industry & regulatory bodies. It also continuously works for:
1. Continuous Curriculum Development by way of close Industry Institute Interaction.
2. To Encourage Industry oriented/ Innovative Project work and Paper Presentation in National / International Conferences. Also encourage students to apply for Patents.
3. To motivate the students for industrial training and visits thereby enhance their technical skills.
4. To build the qualities of Effective Communication and Managerial Skills in the students and to prepare them to meet the Industrial expectations.
5. To inculcate the seed of Entrepreneurship among the students.
6. To work on enhancement of Spiritual Quotient of the students which will help them become Successful Engineers.