This batch 2018 students placement:
1. M/s, AmulFed Dairy : 7 students got selected with package of 2.5 lakhs ctc in first year, second year 5.4 lakhs ctc
2. M/s. JJ Polyplast: 1 student selected
3. Miku Traders : 1 student selected 1.92 ctc
4. M/s. Netafim Irrigation : 5 students selected with 2 lakhs ctc
More companies pouring in on regular basis like Prasad group, Dristi Polytech, Toshiba,etc
More than 100 students were given free entry to both exhibition and international conference. All teachers participated in International conference. Immense learning happened for both students and teachers and industry institute interaction worked out very well for us.
- Industrial visit to Amul Dairy and Amul Packaging Unit, Gandhinagar was arranged for the students of 6th semester and 8th semester on 26th and 27th of February respectively. Approximately 70 students attended the same
- Expert lecture by Dr. Mamta Saiyed on topic “Start up and Innovation in Plastic Industry” was arranged in the department under SSIP on date 27th March 2018
-Group of Students of the final year (8th Semester) Plastic Technology Department presented their Students Start up work on “Polymer Composite Railway Sleepers” under the guidance of Prof & Head of Department Ms. Bharati G Basantani . Their work got selected under the SSIP and they got a grant worth Rs 15000/- for Proof of concept
-Prof Stuti Shah and Prof Hetal Shah participated in HR round table workshop on “Challenges for Workforce development for Indian Plastic Industry” organised by Plast India International University and University of Massachusetts, Lowell at Mahatma Mandir, Gandhinagar, on 9th February 2018
- Prof Hetal Shah along with the students of 4th and 6th semester attended the Grand Education Fair on 5th February 2018 at Gujarat University Convention hall, GMDC grounds.
Department has well equipped testing equipments like Tensile Testing Machine, MFI Tester, Izod Impact Tester, Density Measuring , HDT/VSP Tester & ESCR donated by ASTRAL PIPES .