An ISTE and CTE approved training program on advancements in conventional welding has been organised with the following broad objectives;
1. Participants will have an in-depth knowledge of fundamentals of the conventional and advanced Welding processes.
2. Participants will be able to select appropriate welding processes and parameters for appropriate application.
3. Participants will have hands on experience of conventional &advanced welding processes.
4. Participants will observe defect free and safe welding Practice.
5. Participants will study the metallurgy inside the welding.
6. Participants will conduct the various inspection and testing procedures (including NDT)
1. A visit to Sardar Sarovar Dam for 6th semester students was organized on 7th Feb 2018
2. A visit to Mother Dairy, Bhat Gandhinagar was organised for 6th semester students
3. A visit to Indo-German tool room , Vatva GIDC was organised for semester 4th students, during 22nd and 23rd march 2018
4. A visit to National Foundary exhibition fest 2018 was arranged for students at GMDC ground
5. A visit to GIFT City Gandhinagar was organised for semester 6th and cryogenic engineering students
1. " Low temperature refrigeration ", by Mr. Manoj Kumar Gupta of IPR , Ahmedabad on 10th Jan,2018
2. " Refrigeration cold chain " by Mr. Dilip Sharda of Synergy Agro-tech, on 11th Jan, 2018
3." Clean room " by Mr. Vijay Panchal of Vision Air-tech on 18th Jan, 2018
4. " District cooling system " by Shri Gaurang Patel working with GIFT city project.
5."Cooling Load Estimation" by Mr. Sunil Bhatia Air conditioning consultant.
CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE (CoE) – WELDING
(Keepsake Welding Research & Skill Development Centre)
Keepsake Welding Research & Skill development Centre of Excellence has been established at L. D. College of Engineering Ahmedabad as per an MoU among,
1. Centre for Entrepreneurship Development (CED),
2. Gujarat Technological University
3. Keepsake Engg. Pvt Ltd, Ahmedabad, and
4. L D College of Engineering, Ahmedabad.
Facilities at CoE- Welding
* The Centre is equipped with sophisticated welding machines utilized by modern industry for quality production.
* The MIG welding machines are from LORCH Germany;
* TIG machines are from LORCH Germany;
* 8 Axis Robots from KUKA Germany;
* HVOF Coating Facility
* PAW (Wire & Powder) machine
The summary of the training programs organised at CoE welding is given in the provided image.
1 Overview of Welding Technology and Non- Destructive Testing from 13/11/2017 to 18/11/2017
2 Fundamentals of Electricity in welding & Automation from 06/12/2017 to 31/12/2017
3 Basics of welding from 01/01/2018 to 06/01/2018
4 Hands on training on Conventional & Advanced Welding Processes from 05/02/2018 to 17/02/2018
5 Fundamentals of welding technology from 19/02/2018 to 24/02/2018
6 Fundamentals of welding technology from 22/03/2018 to 27/03/2018
7 Fundamentals of welding technology from 02/04/2018 to 07/04/2018
8 Robot Programming from 02/04/2018 to 15/04/2018
TOTAL Beneficiaries (students 128, faculty 04, industry persons 10) 142
This is the final brochure for the STTP titled "Innovation and Advancement in conventional industrial welding practices" starting from 28th May 2018 for two weeks.
Event organized by Woman Development Cell, LDCE and Sponsored by RUSA on 3 FEB 2017.